camera round up

11:25 AM

Hello there! It´s been a while since my last post. Today I´m back with something a little different. Few of you know I´ve been looking for a new camera and did some "research".

Up to now, I´ve been using a relatively old DSLR I bought second-hand maybe five years ago. On it I´ve been using an even older analog lens which I loved. When the lens broke last year I decided it wasn´t cost-effective to just get a new lens considering how outdated the camera is I was using. So I started reading every camera test out there and finally picked the (hopefully) right camera (and lens) for my needs (I strongly hope my choice was the right one as I´m still waiting for the camera body and lens to be delivered).

But I´ve read about so many wonderful cameras along the way and the reviews are stuck in my head, so I decided I wanted to make a short round-up in case someone might be looking for a new camera at the moment.
This list is nowhere near complete and this list is not representative of the quality of the cameras listed. I weren´t paid to create this post. I did this because I felt someone looking for a new camera might profit off of all the information I have stuck in my head.

Full-frame to medium format:

You´re looking for a digital medium format camera that takes excellent photos while not being over-priced?
Have a look at the Fujifilm GFX 50S.


You´re looking for a full-frame camera that takes excellent photos and is great for filming? This full-frame camera takes pictures with a resulution of 45 megapixels.
Have a look at the Nikon D850.


You´re looking for an excellent full-frame DSLM?
Have a look at the Sony Alpha 7r III.

Up to APSC sensor:

You´re looking for a camera that is great for filming?
Have a look at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH5.

You´re looking for a camera like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH5 but even faster and a little more suited for someone who photographs much more than films?
Have a look at the Panasonic Lumix DC-G9.


You like playing around with your camera, looking for creative effects and all? You´re looking for a camera that is also great for filming but you don´t want to have to spend soo much money?
Have a look at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G81. I´ve had this one in my hands and I instantly liked it. This doesn´t say much about its quality but I think chemistry between you and your camera is important. In the end I didn´t choose it because I was looking for a higher resolution as I print my photos on formats as big as A2 or even bigger from time to time. I was able to take nice test photos with it after just a couple of minutes. So if you´re nowhere near to being (or becoming) a professional who needs higher resolution for big prints but someone who likes to get creative with their tool and play around with it you may want to have a look at this camera.


You´re looking for a DSLR that allows you to become the next Cindy Sherman (I´m talking about self portraits in case you don´t know who and what I´m talking about), a camera that seems great for bloggers?
Have a look at the Canon EOS 77D (and the more expensive 80D). 



That has been it! If you think I forgot an incredible camera, make sure to leave a comment!
I hope this is helping someone. Also please know that there are more affordable options out there. But I decided to only include cameras that made me day-dream. In the end also I couldn´t afford one of the cameras that were designed to meet the needs of professionals. And since I had been looking for a camera that would make my life easier (meaning I require a fold-out and rotatable touchscreen display) the cameras designed for professionals aren´t suitable for me.
Of course this doesn´t make them any less amazing, they were just not right for me. The camera I chose is listed in the segment up to APSC sensor. But with the changed advertisement politics I´m not sure if I can tell you which camera I picked without risking legal consequences. But since you (now) know I took all my earlier blog photos myself I think you can guess which one I chose.

In that sense I´m wishing you all a great weekend. I know I´m drowing in work and this past time has been challenging so I´ll be working on making my to-do-list smaller. Hopefully you´ll get to do something nice! I know I can´t wait to make the time to watch black panther soon.
Buhbye O 💛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts